- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 computer (preferred)
- Apple/Mac computer will work if using the Mozilla Firefox browser
- Dual Core CPU (Or faster processor)
- 4 GB ram or more (8 GB recommended)
- 100 GB hard drive or larger
- 256 MB graphics card (This is a minimum specification.)
- Windows 7 w/ Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, or higher (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are needed. University edition sells for a reduced cost to students.)
- Mozilla Firefox 47.0 (or later) internet browser or Google Chrome internet browser
- Reputable antivirus software (We recommend Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus software.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version)
- Adobe Flash (Version must be no older than 9 months)
You cannot view Blackboard videos without Adobe Flash installed.
- Java (latest version)
- Windows Media Player (or comparable)
- Quicktime Player
Internet Connectivity Requirements
High-speed internet at 4 Mbps or higher via DSL, cable modem, or broadband is preferred but not mandatory. Most courses contains a video component and will require a solid internet connection.
- Safari Browser (Apple/Mac users should use the Mozilla Firefox browser.)
Safari will work if you enable 3rd Party Cookies within the Safari settings.
- Windows Vista (Some students use Vista, but we also see a lot of problems with that operating system)
- Windows XP (This product has reached its end-of-life. Microsoft will no longer be releasing security updates or patches, which makes this product a significant security risk.)