- Operating System: Windows 7 with Service Pack (or later), or Windows 10 (fully updated)
- Apple/Mac computer's work best if using the Mozilla Firefox browser. Luther Rice is able to only offer a limited support for the MAC OS platform.
- Dual Core CPU (Or faster) - Quad core processor highly recommended
- 4 GB ram or more (8 GB recommended)
- 240 GB hard drive (must have at least 60% available/free disk space)
- 1GB of Video Memory recommended
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later (Office 2013 or 2016 preferred)
- Mozilla Firefox 44.0 (or later) internet browser or Google Chrome internet browser
- Do not use Internet Explorer with Blackboard
- Reputable antivirus software (We recommend Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus software.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version)
- Adobe Flash (latest version)
You cannot view Blackboard videos without Adobe Flash installed.
- Java (latest version)
- Windows Media Player (or comparable)
- Quicktime Player
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Software Recommended (Webroot Security Suite or PC Matic are two options to consider- Subscription required)
Internet Connectivity Requirements
High-speed internet at 6 Mbps or higher via DSL, cable modem, or broadband is preferred but not mandatory. Most courses contains a video component and will require a solid internet connection.
- Safari Browser (Apple/Mac users should use the Mozilla Firefox browser.)
Safari will work if you enable 3rd Party Cookies within the Safari settings.
- Windows Vista (Some students use Vista, but we also see a lot of problems with that operating system)
- Windows XP (This product has reached its end-of-life. Microsoft will no longer be releasing security updates or patches, which makes this product a significant security risk.)