Fall Library Webinar Training Series
Posted on Sep 27, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Smith Library is offering multiple live library training webinars September 27, 28 and October 11, 12, 18, and 19 during the day and evenings. The skills you will learn in these 30 minute webinars will help you save a lot of time while researching.
To register, click on the registration links below and complete the form. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the webinar.
Getting Started with Research
- See what the library has to offer for students.
- Learn how to locate scholarly, peer-reviewed articles.
- Learn how to narrow your search results to find the best resources for your assignment.
- Learn how to access library eBooks.
- Learn where to access videos that will lead you through the research process.
- Learn about LibGuides and how they can help you conveniently find materials, such as eBook commentaries and course textbooks.
Searching: Beyond the Basics
- Learn specific search strategies for gathering reliable information.
- Learn how to locate conservative theological articles.
- Learn how to search for articles related to specific scripture citations in the Bible.
- Learn how to save items in your own personal research folder.
- Learn how to print or save eBook chapters.
- Learn how to download library eBooks.
Conquer Turabian Formatting
- Learn how to format your papers in Turabian formatting using Word 2016.
- Learn how to create the title page.
- Learn how to create the table of contents.
- Learn how to create, format and sort the bibliography.
- Learn how to insert and format footnotes.
- Learn how to number pages.
- Learn how to create headings and subheading.
Director of Library Services
Luther Rice College & Seminary