Doctor of Ministry
The Doctor of Ministry is a post-graduate degree designed to provide you advanced competencies and biblical insights into the practice of ministry, as you are actively involved in vocational Christian ministry.
The quality and success of a Christian ministry is very often determined by the minister’s ability to think critically, biblically, and theologically; to communicate that thinking in oral and written fashion; and to apply that thinking in real-life ministry. The Doctor of Ministry program is designed to facilitate these qualities in you, the student.
- Nationally accredited
- 30 hour doctoral degree program
- 96% of graduates report satisfaction with their academic experience
- 4 core courses are week-long seminars on-campus, with the remaining credits 100% online
- Tuition $316 per credit hour
Program Introduction Video
- Senior Pastor
- Christian Author
- Traveling Speaker
- Missions Agency Leader
- College Dean
- Non-profit Director
- Executive Administrator
- College Dean
Additional Admission Requirements
- Doctoral applicants must posses a Master of Divinity degree from an institution with accreditation recognized the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants who have not earned an M.Div., but hold a master's degree and ninety (90) semester hours of accredited, graduate-level coursework in theology and/or ministry, may be considered eligible.
- Minimum cumulative GPA in all graduate work is a 3.0.
- Submit a 10-15 page entrance paper. Paper guidelines (PDF).
- Achieve a score of 100 out of 150 on the online Bible Content Test.
- Possess an acceptable, verifiable ministry laboratory in which to pursue the required projects.
- All other general admissions requirements.
Contact the Enrollment Team for more details on these requirements at 770-484-1204 ext. 5758 or Admissions@LutherRice.edu.
770-484-1204 ext. 5684