Master of Arts in Christian Studies
The Master of Arts in Christian Studies equips students to interpret Scripture in its historical context and to discern its theological application. The knowledge of God through his word is the essential foundation for all faithful Christian ministry. By focusing exclusively on developing skills in accurate biblical interpretation and sound theological reflection, the MACS curriculum grounds students in critical disciplines for informed ministry application. As preparation for further study, all MACS credits can be applied toward the Master of Divinity degree.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to serve the Church in a variety of contexts such as missions, pastoral support staff, Christian education, writing, and lay ministry.
- Accredited with SACSCOC, TRACS, and ABHE
- 36 hour graduate degree program
- Can be accelerated for completion in 18-24 months
- 97% of graduates reported that a Luther Rice education improved the quality of their ministry service
- Transfer in up to 6 credit hours
- Available 100% online or through a combination of online and on-campus classes
- Tuition $238 per credit hour for campus-based courses and $349 for online courses
Program Introduction Video
Program Course Listings
- Teaching Pastor
- Church Administration
- Church Curriculum Developer
Dr. William Wilson
770-484-1204 ext. 5612
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Wilson personally anytime, or you can reach the Enrollment Team at Admissions@LutherRice.edu or 770-484-1204 ext. 5758.